Saturday, March 29, 2014

LE PRINTEMPS


         I should wonder if, aside from love, spring could boast being the subject matter of the most poems. It seems our bio clock, with no matter if or of our talent, tugs verses out of us at this time of year, we’d normally, and probably rightfully so, be embarrassed to display. Damn if the whimsy of this morning isn’t forcing my corny hand. Ah well here is what I’m thinking about on this way past lovely Saturday morning.
   

             Aye
             the spring blue sky
is knocking at my door
to see if I can come out and play.
     And a little part
     just left of my heart,
           has a rope around the sunshine
           and is pulling me outside.

   Blossoming pears,
   and some paper whites,
                  and dogwood as well,
                 Are like a waiting page to write my garden on.
         With I think
          Redbud and wisteria ink.

    A dream in front of my bungalow
    Is becoming an English country garden
    For the boulevard’s display.
         While the bounteous vegetable Muse
         is giving me a non-complacent stare from the back yard.
                My kitchen also clamors for asparagus and greens
                And cleaning and preparing primavera peas

   For all of them I have the deepest fondness.

     And yet what I truly want
        is to make a country drive become a hike
  til I find a Red tail
      hovering in wait
      to plot my escape.
  So I can climb upon her back
   and soar across the creek.

     Well I see by the radar that Indiana, maybe Michigan and Ohio are having yet more snow, Kentucky thunder storms, sever ones in Florida, Idaho and northeast California ice. Winter has certainly been a bugger this year and tenaciously will not leave. I wish you all could share my weather today, and if not that it joins you real soon wherever you are.

Blessings mes amis

No comments: